As we bid farewell to the old and welcome the new, there's no better way to usher in the spirit of the New Year than by elevating your celebrations with our exquisite range of Brie cheeses. This creamy and indulgent delight, originating from Meaux in the Île-de-France region, brings a touch of sophistication and flavour to your festivities, making your gathering a culinary celebration to remember.
Brie, with its velvety white rind and lusciously creamy interior, is a French classic renowned for its mild and buttery taste, making it a versatile canvas for a myriad of flavour pairings. Whether paired with fruits, drizzled with honey, or simply enjoyed on its own, Brie has the power to transform any occasion into a gourmet experience.
Brie isn't just about taste, it's a testament to the artistry of cheese-making. The rich diversity of our Brie offerings, from the classic Brie De Meaux to the exclusive Brie with Truffle, its velvety texture, encased in a soft, edible rind, offers a sensorial experience that is a celebration of craftsmanship and a nod to culinary heritage.
What sets Brie apart is its versatility. Whether gracing a cheese board, being baked to gooey perfection, or paired with an array of accompaniments, Brie effortlessly adapts to the mood and style of any gathering. Its mild, indulgent flavour acts as a perfect canvas for creative pairings, encouraging you to explore a symphony of taste sensations.
This New Year, let Brie be the catalyst for unforgettable moments and refined indulgence.
Our Brie selection includes the classic Brie De Meaux, the uniquely flavoured options like Brie with Honey and Walnuts, or Brie with Mustard, as well as the highly exclusive Brie with Truffle 6%— cheeses that Maison Morand is proud to be the sole provider of in the Middle East. With variations in flavour, texture, and milk sources, exploring different brie types allows you to find your preferred palate.
Brie, famed for its mild and creamy flavour, is a type of cheese that compliments a variety of foods and beverages. Whether spread on bread, crackers, or served in slices, Brie adds a touch of sophistication to any culinary arrangement.
Brie's soft and smooth texture melts effortlessly in your mouth, making it enjoyable at room temperature, chilled, or baked. Enhance its profile by stuffing it with nuts, fruits, herbs, or spices, or wrapping it in pastry or turkey bacon for a delightful variety.
With a beautiful pale yellow interior and a white, edible rind of mould, Brie enhances the visual appeal of any presentation. Whether paired with fruits, jams, or baked to achieve a golden crust, Brie adds sophistication to cheese boards. You can also decorate with fresh herbs, flowers, or berries for an extra burst of colour and freshness.
Pairing Brie with Traditional UAE Flavors
Brie cheese is not only delicious on its own, but also when paired with traditional UAE flavours. Influenced by Middle Eastern, Asian, and African cuisines, the UAE's rich array of spices, herbs, fruits and nuts enhances Brie's taste and texture. Explore these unique combinations featuring Maison Morand's exclusive Brie selection:
- Brie and dates: Dates are a staple fruit in the UAE, often enjoyed as a snack or dessert. They are sweet, chewy, and nutritious, providing a perfect balance to the creaminess and saltiness of brie cheese. Try stuffing dates with the exquisite Brie de Meaux, available at Maison Morand, and bake them until soft and gooey. You can also serve them on a cheese board with crackers or bread for a delightful pairing.
- Brie and za’atar: Za’atar, a popular spice blend in the UAE made of thyme, sesame seeds, sumac, and salt, adds a tangy, nutty, and herbal flavour to brie cheese. Sprinkle za’atar over our Brie or spread it on bread or crackers to enhance the aromatic experience.
- Brie and pistachios: Pistachios are a common nut in the UAE, and are often used in desserts, salads, and rice dishes. They have a crunchy texture and a buttery flavour that can complement the smoothness and richness of brie cheese. Chop pistachios and coat our exclusive Brie, or serve them on a cheese board with honey or jam for a delightful combination.
- Brie and rose water: Rose water is a fragrant liquid made from rose petals, and is widely used in the UAE for flavouring desserts, drinks, and dishes. It has a floral, sweet, and refreshing taste that can contrast the earthy and savoury flavour of brie cheese. Drizzle rose water over our Brie or serve it on a cheese board with fresh berries or grapes for an aromatic experience.
- Brie and honey: Honey, a staple ingredient in the UAE, has a natural sweetness that complements the creamy and slightly tangy flavour of brie cheese, creating a harmonious combination of tastes. Whether you choose a floral or a more robust honey, this addition will elevate your brie cheese experience to new heights. You can either indulge in our Brie with Honey and Walnuts or drizzle some honey on our Brie or Brie with Truffle.
- Brie and spices: Spices in UAE cuisine are crucial, adding colour, aroma, and flavour to dishes. Their tastes range from mild and sweet to hot and savoury, creating contrasts or complements to the creaminess of brie cheese. Choose from cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, or saffron, then sprinkle them over our Brie and serve on a board with fruits or bread for a rich and flavorful pairing.
Creative Brie Recipes for New Year
From savoury bites to sweet indulgences, let Brie take centre stage this new year, and leave your guests craving more. Here are some delectable and easy-to-make Brie recipes that will elevate your celebration.
These bite-sized appetisers are festive and flavorful, featuring a crispy phyllo shell filled with gooey brie and topped with tangy cranberry sauce. Best made in advance, simply bake them just before serving. Craft these delectable treats with mini phyllo shells, brie cheese, cranberry sauce, and fresh rosemary. Fill the shells generously with the decadent combination of cheese and sauce, allowing them to bake until the brie is irresistibly melted. Finish by garnishing with sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Ideal for a cheese board or a sophisticated cocktail party, these crostini delights boast a toasted baguette slice adorned with melted brie and a dollop of fig jam. Toast the bread slices to perfection, top with the luscious blend of cheese and jam, and bake until the brie achieves a delectable softness. Complete the presentation by sprinkling with fragrant thyme leaves.
Elevate your dessert experience with these flaky and sweet pastries, made effortlessly with puff pastry, brie cheese, date paste, and egg wash. Transforming simple ingredients into a sophisticated treat, spread date paste over the pastry, generously sprinkle with brie cheese, and expertly fold them into delightful palmier shapes. With a final touch of egg wash, bake until the pastries are golden and irresistibly crisp, creating a visually stunning addition to your platter.
This savoury tart features a buttery puff pastry crust, a creamy brie and mushroom filling, and a golden cheese topping. Versatile enough to serve as a main course or appetiser, gather puff pastry, brie cheese, mushrooms, garlic, cream, eggs, and parsley. Roll out the pastry, sauté the mushrooms and garlic, layer the cheese, and pour the whisked cream and eggs over the top. Bake until golden, and garnish with fresh parsley for a delightful finish.
This dessert features a soft and custardy bread pudding, a gooey layer of brie and chocolate, and a crunchy pecan and brown sugar topping. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream for an extra touch of indulgence. Cube the bread and cheese, layer them in a baking dish with chocolate chips, pour over a mixture of whisked eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla, and sprinkle with pecans and brown sugar. Bake until the pudding is puffed and golden.
Savour the comfort of this grilled cheese sandwich, offering a crisp bread exterior, a melty brie, and the sweet and tart addition of apple. For extra protein or flavour, consider adding smoked chicken, honey, or mustard. Butter the bread slices, create a delicious sandwich with cheese, apple, and optional ingredients, and cook in a skillet until the cheese melts, and the bread achieves a delightful crispiness.
Serving and Presentation Tips
In the world of hosting, every detail matters, especially when it comes to the star of the show—Brie cheese. From selecting the perfect accompaniments to arranging a cheese board that wows, these tips will ensure that your Brie steals the spotlight and leaves a lasting impression on your guests.
Savour the mild and creamy delight of Brie, appreciate its silky and versatile texture and embrace the variety of types that bring diverse flavours to your table. Beyond being a cheese, Brie becomes a celebration of global and local flavours, transforming your gathering into a memorable culinary experience. May the coming year be filled with countless opportunities to savour life's pleasures, and may Brie continue to be a part of your moments of culinary delight.